Return to homepage
Experience Terms of Service
- “These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to the Lost Origin mixed reality experiences (the “Experience”), when buying tickets or participating in the Experience at any of our available Experience Venues. Please read these Terms properly and feel free to print these Terms for future reference. You can discuss any questions or concerns with Experience Employees or representatives at the Experience Venue or contact us using the details provided below.
All participants in the Experience must accept these Terms and must be aged 14 or over.
Who are we
- We are Factory 42 Limited, our UK company number is 10242740 and our registered offices are at Somerset House, New Wing, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA. We are in charge of the Experience. If you see “Factory 42”, “us” “we” or “our” in these Terms that still means Factory 42 Limited.
- You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Agreement with you
- When you purchase a ticket with us for the Experience and we accept your order, you immediately enter into an agreement with us on the Terms in this document as the producers of the Experience.
- If you purchase your tickets online, our acceptance of your order takes place when you confirm your order with us and we send you [a booking confirmation].
- If you purchase your tickets in person at an Experience [venue], our acceptance of your order takes place when we issue a ticket to you.
- In certain circumstances, we may not be able to accept your order. This may be as a result of unavailability of tickets, being unable to process your payment or an error in the pricing or description of tickets. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the order.
- Please see our Experience Privacy Notice here for information on how we treat your personal information when you interact with the Experience. This includes details of how we use or share any personal information we collect about you and what rights you have over your personal information.
About the Experience
- The Lost Origin experience is an immersive mixed reality experience which happens across several rooms specially designed by us and allows you to experience new virtual worlds and objects that integrate with the real world.
- To participate in the Experience, you will need to wear a special Magic Leap headset in one room which we will provide. Each headset will be disinfected and cleaned before and after each use.
- Magic Leap headsets are not designed to accommodate glasses/ spectacles. If you are short-sighted and normally wear glasses but also have contact lenses, we strongly recommend you come wearing your contact lenses.
- You must be aged 14 or over and over 1m 40cm in height to participate in the Experience. The Experience staff may check ID to make sure you are old enough to participate.
- By choosing to participate in the Experience, you are accepting the risks associated with the Experience.
- See a doctor before participating in the Experience if you: have any conditions that impair your vision (e.g. binocular vision disorder) or mobility; are pregnant or elderly; or have a heart condition or serious medical condition; seizures; or migraines. The Experience requires you to have an unimpaired sense of balance and motion. Do not participate in the Experience while you are fatigued, ill or experiencing symptoms of illness, under emotional or physical stress, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Such uses increase the likelihood of injury and property damage.
- Magic Leap has not been designed to fit over glasses. Where possible, and for the best experience, it is recommended that it is worn without glasses or that contact lenses are worn. If you choose to wear glasses, please be aware that you could experience discomfort and / or damage to your property.
- You may experience some discomfort while using Magic Leap including: visual discomfort, eye-strain, dizziness, nausea, impaired eye-hand coordination, lightheadedness, impaired balance, excessive sweating, headache, fatigue, tingling, burning or stiffness, or numbness. If you experience discomfort, immediately stop participating in the Experience and let members of the Experience staff know you are not able to continue.
- If you have serious or persistent discomfort, please consult with a doctor. Until you have fully recovered, do not drive, operate machinery, participate in activities that are physically or visually demanding or require unimpaired balance or coordination.
- Light flashes or patterns during the Experience may trigger seizures, loss of awareness, involuntary movements, disorientation, altered vision, eye or muscle twitching, or other muscular or visual abnormalities, severe dizziness or other conditions causing blackouts or loss of consciousness, even if the user has never had a seizure or has no history of seizures or epilepsy. If you experience any of these symptoms, immediately stop participating in the Experience and let members of the Experience staff know you are not able to continue. Consult a doctor before attempting the Experience again. If you have a history of, or have been diagnosed with symptoms linked to an epileptic condition, consult a doctor before participating in the Experience.
- This Experience includes multiple effects which may include total darkness, uneven surfaces, air blasts, strobe lighting, sudden loud noises, live actors and fog. This combination of effects is designed to immerse guests into the experience and is intended to be impactful. Some participants may suffer from a loss of balance, headaches, musculoskeletal pain, dizziness, fog effects, and in some cases, epilepsy-like symptoms, during or after the experience.
- Magic Leap should not be used by children under the age of 14. The device has not been designed for use by children. Magic Leap has not been tested on teenagers under the age of 18, meaning there may be an increased risk that the device does not properly fit teenagers between 14 and 17; improper sizing can lead to pain, discomfort, or negative health effects.
- Magic Leap contains magnets or electronic components that emit radio waves which could affect the operation of nearby electronics including cardiac pacemakers, hearing aids, defibrillators, and other medical devices. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use Magic Leap without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.
- Magic Leap may become warm during normal use. Comply with any thermal warnings and advisory messages that may appear on the Magic Leap. If any part of the Magic Leap overheats immediately remove the headset and stop use.
- For more information please see Magic Leap’s Safety Guidelines.
- By participating in the Experience, you represent and warrant that you are in good mental and physical health and have had no medical or health issues or problems that might interfere with, or otherwise indicate that you should not participate in the Experience, and you know of no other reason (medically-related or otherwise) why you should not participate in the Experience.
Minors (under 18 years old)
- If you are accompanying a minor (14 or over and under 18 years old), you are solely responsible for their compliance with these guidelines. It is your responsibility to inform them about the rules and be available at the experience location throughout the experience.
Timing of your visit
- Participants must pre book and arrive at the experience entrance hall 15 minutes before the time on the ticket. Each experience is a 60 minute long session and sessions are booked back-to-back, so being on time will mean you don’t miss your slot.
- If you arrive late for your session and the Experience actor has already begun the experience briefing, you will not be allowed to join.
- You will not receive a credit or refund because you have arrived later than the time on the Ticket. We will use our best endeavours to offer another slot on the same day if they are available.
- Children are not to be left unattended in the Front of House area as Experience staff members are not responsible for the safety or care of children. If there is no one to supervise your child, you will be unable to enter the Experience. You will not receive a credit or refund where you have booked prepaid tickets.
Schedule changes and suspension
- We will always try to ensure that the Experience takes place in accordance with the advertised programme. However, we may sometimes have to cancel an Experience, vary the time of an Experience or substitute an alternative Experience due to circumstances beyond our control. If this happens and you have purchased prepaid tickets for an affected Experience, we will use reasonable endeavours to contact you as soon as possible to let you know and offer you a refund for the cost of your prepaid tickets or an exchange as applicable. We will not otherwise be liable to you for this cancellation, variation or substitution of an Experience caused by circumstances outside our control, including for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses.
- We may need to suspend our supply of the Experience to deal with technical problems, for safety reasons, or otherwise. If this happens and you have already booked and paid for the affected Experience, we will use our reasonable endeavours to contact you as soon as possible to let you know and offer you a refund or offer to rebook if there are tickets available.
Payment, Refunds, Cancellations and Resales
- Admission must be paid prior to participating in the Experience. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any Experience staff members.
- Payments for tickets are non-refundable and tickets may only be changed or replaced in accordance with the provisions of these Terms or otherwise at our absolute discretion.
- Where you are entitled to a refund under these Terms, we will send the refund back to the card you have used to make a payment.
- Tickets may not be purchased or used for commercial, business or re-sale purposes without our express written consent. If you use the tickets for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- All visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched prior to participating in the Experience. We may (in our sole discretion) refuse entry to individuals who do not agree to being searched. You will not receive a credit or refund where you have booked prepaid tickets.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You have certain legal rights. These include that we will provide the Experience with reasonable skill and care. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights (including that you can ask us to repeat or fix the Experience if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it). Nothing in these Terms affects these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled under law.
- We are not responsible to you for:
- losses that were not caused by any breach of these Terms on our part;
- any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when you purchased a ticket for the Experience; or
- a failure to provide the Experience due to any cause beyond our reasonable control which prevents us from fulfilling our obligations including but not limited to fire, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God.
- If we do breach these Terms we will only be liable for losses which are reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach and limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering these Terms.
- From time to time we (or other authorised parties) may carry out photography and / or video recording and / or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the experience, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that we (or any authorised party) can use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with us or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- If any part of these Terms are found unlawful or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the other parts of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Any failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms are governed by and are to be interpreted in accordance with English law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to these Terms. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring legal claims in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring legal claims in Scotland.
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms, please get in touch with us: email@example.com